Cork floors are the latest decorating sensation. Walking on cork is like walking on air - because cork is 50% air!!
Cork floors are taking the flooring market by storm, discover why Europeans have been using cork as a floor covering for years and why North Americans are falling in love with this environmentally friendly flooring alternative.
Anti-microbial and cushiony soft, cork is an ideal choice for homeowners who want to keep their homes free of allergens and also enjoy a tranquil existence by diminishing noise.
Cork floors are made from the harvested bark of the cork oak tree which is grown in the forests of the Mediterranean. Because the tree is not cut down to make the flooring, and the bark is a renewable resource, it is a desirable flooring for environmentally aware consumers.
With the help from today's manufacturing technology, cork flooring is now offered in many colors in both planks and tiles. Like solid wood, cork can be finished and re-finished, stained, bleached, pickled, painted, etched, inlaid, and installed with a border in any type of patterns, resulting in an endless variety of patterns.
Cork flooring can be glue-downed and/or floated over a variety of subfloors, including concrete and existing flooring.
Cork Is A Wood Product With Some Unusual, Natural Benefits:
- Cork is a renewable resource.
- Millions of air-cells give cork floors a natural cushion, feels like you are walking on air.
- Cork flooring is warm to the touch.
- The acoustical insulation properties of cork help reduce noise.
- Cork is non-absorbent and will not trap dirt & fungus.
- Cork is easy to maintain.
- It is repairable with wood filler.
- Cork is great in any room including kitchens & bathrooms.
- Cork floors are rugged enough to with stand heavy wear.
- Cork is used around the world both residentially & commercially.
- Electrically dissipative- cork flooring does not produce static electricity making it suitable for rooms with electronic equipment and appliances.
- Hypo allergenic-Cork does not attract dust and consequently does not cause allergies.
- Cork is fire retardant.
- Cork flooring is resistant to more than 35 species of insects including termites.
- Easy Installation - cork floating floor panels are easily installed without the use of glues or special tools.
- Installation Tips For Cork Floors