Hardwood flooring has been around for centuries
and yet, it never goes out of style.
Now, more than ever, homeowners are returning to the timeless beauty of real hardwood floors. For 2012 hardwood flooring trends include wider planks with deeper richer colors.
Hardwood floors have a comforting, solid sound that most laminates can't equal, and they can be refinished over and over again, creating a floor that can last for decades.
Hardwood floors add elegance and beauty to any decorating style and the latest trend in wood floors is hand-scraped hardwood flooring. This old world appearance is in demand with homeowners looking for a rustic finish. The timeless classics include - Oak, Cherry, Pine, Maple Hickory, Pecan, Beech, Birch, Walnut.
What's New In Hardwood Floors:
- Flooring manufacturers are constantly trying to find new looks from familiar woods. One way this has been accomplished is through varying the way that the wood is cut. Slicing or rotary cutting produces different patterns on the face of the wood.
- Exotic woods continue to grow in popularity with the arrival of woods from; Asian, German, South American, Mayan and Russian.
- Colors abound ranging from light beech to cinnamon, cherry, and caramels.
- A new process which until now has been used on Bamboo, changes the color of the wood through a steaming process. A great choice for those who are environmentally friendly as this process contains no dyes.
Advantages Of Hardwood Flooring....
- Improves the value of your home.
- Timeless beauty.
- Easily maintained.
- Wide range of finishes and colors.
- Doesn't trap allergens like carpeting - Promotes healthy indoor air quality
- Good investment
The construction methods and wood finishes - as well as the introduction of exotic woods - have improved the manufacturing of wood floors to allow for a wide range of colors and flooring choices. Time has also seen many advances in finishes, cuts, styles and installation making it a fine choice throughout the home (excluding the bathroom.)
Additional Important Information About Hardwood Floors....
Consumer information on hardwood flooring.
There are many different types of hardwood flooring - discover which one is right for your home.
The different types of hardwood flooring
Light or dark - which is best for your home decor and lifestyle
Handscraped or distressed hardwood flooring.
This years most popular flooring is hand scraped hardwood floors.
Add texture to your home with the addition of hardwood floors.
The addition of hardwood floors adds incredible dimension to your home.
Installation tips for hardwood floors.
The foundation of any installation begins with the right preparation.
Caring for your hardwood floors.
Now that you have installed hardwood flooring, learn the best way to care for it.
Additional cleaning and care tips for hardwood floors.
Hardwood floors for your kitchen.
Cabin grade hardwood floors.
A unique hardwood floor that adds character to any home decor.